Electric Powered Orange
Electric Orange bikes have been coming for a while, they all talked about it, but now it's here, the electric powered orange is now here.
They've been watching the eBike market grow. So what Orange done is build what they call a proper bike that's a usable mountain bike for the terrain we ride.
Orange looked at the options available and the Shimano E-8000 pedal assist drive unit was the one. So they designed the bike around what they know best, the Alpine 6 for the geometry, the amount of suspension travel, and because it's versatile and proven.
The most valuable thing the Alpine 6 E gives you is time. Unlike what was an all day epic ride becomes a two blast with a lot more fun.
The trails that rip your legs off can now become a much more enjoyable ride but also faster. You can even now get a few more rides in too.
Once you've tried the Orange Electric Bike, we think you'll see the light of how fun trail riding can be, Orange certainly did.
The Drive Unit
Orange chose the Shimano E-8000 system because it gives them no change of geometry so it keeps the bike exactly the same as the Orange Alpine 6.
The power is delivered as you pedal. The Shimano E-8000 drive system is smooth and controllable which is important on the technical terrain that we ride.
Here are the initial tehcnical specifications of the Shimano E8000 drive unit.
PEDAL ASSIST MODES
All three support modes will assist until 16mph.
- ECO - Riding support while enabling maximum range
- TRAIL - Gradual support for encouraging sportive riding
- BOOST - Full support for maximum boost and uncompromised climbing
- WALK ASSIST - As additional mode, walk assist can be easily enabled with the assist switch
- Short chainstays (shorter chainstay length ensuring better manoeuvrability)
- Narrow Q-factor of 177mm (compact and lightweight design for better handling with same Q-factor as current Shimano XT)
- Maximum power: 500 W
- Nominal power: 250 W
- Maximum torque: 70 Nm
WEIGHT OF DRIVE UNIT
- Under 3 kg
- Integrated version (504Wh)
- Charging: 80% after 2,5 hrs / 5 hrs from 0 to 100%
- Battery life: 1,000 cycles